ZEDZ:Defense has been in production for a whole month! We now have a fancy new website to post our dev blogs and updates to so they’re all kept in one easy place. We’ve also sorted out the basic foundations of the game programming wise, as well as starting on our first level, ‘The Farm’. Read the full post for more!
Update of what we have achieved so far:
• AI & Pathfinding [BASICS] - 90%
• Player Movement - 90%
• AI Core Objective - 100%
• Obstructions / Collisions - 80%
• Network Core - 100%
• Multiplayer Synchronization - 100%
• Network Connection & Local Connect [SERVER] - 100%
• UI / HUD & [BASIC] Place Holders implemented - 100%
• Gun Mechanics [BASICS] - 80%
• Health Mechanics [BASICS] - 70%
• File Loading [XML] - 50%
• Playable Character Models [ 1/4 Completed ] - 25%
• Zombie Character Models [ 0/4 Completed ] - 0% (W.I.P)
• Zombie Character Concepts [ 4/7 Completed ] - 60% (W.I.P)
• Level Development + Concepts [ 1/11 Completed ] 10% (W.I.P)
This is where we are at so far:
• AI & Pathfinding [BASICS] - 75%
• Player Movement - 50%
• Testing Scene - 100%
• AI Core Objective - 90%
• Simple Test UI - 100%
• Place Holder Characters - 100%
• Obstructions / Collisions - 70%
• Network Core - 80%
• Network Connection & Local Connect [SERVER] - 90%
• Multiplayer Synchronization - 75%
MORE TO COME
About ZEDZ: DEFENSE:
ZEDS: DEFENSE is a new and exciting third person shooter and tower defense game, with a RPG twist. Choose a class, grab some friends, and head out to take on an army of ZEDZ to save the world.
Four years ago, a spelunker wandered through a mysterious cave, and came across an artifact. Curious, he picked it up. As soon as his fingers touched the cold material, a wave of despair ran through him, and shocked, he dropped it.
A strange blue gas rose from the shattered remains of the artifact encompassing the man and transforming him into The Necromancer. His evil presence flooded the entire planet, sucking the life out of all of those he came across, and driving the world into a bleak darkness.
You are one of the few remaining survivors on the planet. It is up to you to rid the world of The Necromancers’ death and destruction. Can you survive and defend what little humanity has left?
(Story subject to change)